COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and SPPT Crawley.
Maintaining a safe, healthy environment for all
We take pride in our already impeccible standard of cleanliness at SPPT, but the seriousness of the Coronavirus situation deserves new levels of stringency. Our response is to instigate a strict plan of initiatives to protect and reassure our members when we reopen the gym.
- Personal training is only ever carried out in groups of four.
- Every member has a minimum space allocation of 100 sq ft when training.
- Each member has sole use of their equipment for each session.
- Our Pod System creates natural training separation within the gyms design.
- All equipment is cleaned with sanitiser after each session.
- We limit sessions to 45 minutes to allow for 15 minutes of cleaning after every session.
- We’ve used this opportunity to update a lot of our kit which is frequently used such as our dumbbells, mats and resistance bands.
- We have regular FOG cleans scheduled to fully sanitise the gym.
- We’ve installed hand-sanitiser pumps at the entrance/exit as well as at every training POD within the gym.
- Every training station is positioned at least 2 metres apart.
- We have taken our large group classes out of our timetable and replaced these with online alternatives.
- We have created our Covid-19 response document which outlines in further detail the extensive measures we are taking to ensure that our members can return to the gym safely and confidently.
What can I do to help prevent the spread of coronavirus?
We encourage clients to follow the below advice to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus:
- Wash hands frequently, for at least 20 seconds
- Make full use of soap, hand sanitisers and other cleaning products made available at SPPT.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then dispose of the tissue immediately
- Familiarise yourself with the latest guidance from your health authority
- Follow your government’s advice for travellers if returning from, or planning to travel to, a country with known cases of COVID-19 in its population
What can I do to stay healthy during the coronavirus outbreak?
Stay tuned on our social for a stream of free content we will be releasing to help people stay on top of their health. We will also provide clients with evidence-based approaches to support a healthy immune system – noting, of course, that strong immunity will not prevent infection, only help you return to form faster.
Outside of regular hand washing and avoiding group gatherings, both large and small, we recommend continuing with the sensible foundations of all good health:
- Walking outdoors daily
- Maintaining good, healthy sleep
- Avoiding processed food and alcohol
- Exercising sensibly
- Minimising stress
Are there any confirmed cases of COVID-19 within SPPT Crawley?
There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 within SPPT Crawley.
This makes us anything but complacent, however. We are continually monitoring the situation, and will update this page as soon as we hear of any developments within our organisation.